Monday, April 19, 2010

I am in a magical state of being. I feel as though my life is circulating with radness and bubbling beauty fizzing and tickling my senses all around. A couple days ago, I awoke at 4:30 AM for my day job to find I had nothing to eat in my fridge. I was upset and felt stuck. My routine had been shattered at the upstart. I tried to ignore it and move on- I would find energy soon and it would just have to happen a little later. As I exited my door I found hanging from the outside doorknob...... something familiar but......... new to my eyes! IT WAS THE FREE COMIC I AM IN!!! AND MY DEAR FRIEND JULIA'S NEW BOOK!!!! OH MAN!!!! I CANT BELIEVE ITS REAL!!!! I felt instantly validated, like I was real finally! I have never been in a professional publication before, and I am proud of what I made for it:) Later I was able to see the magic of boxes full of them waiting to be received by people all over the united states, maybe further, maybe one day even other planets!!! What is even more beautiful is that inside that publication, my work is hugged up against a super rad friend and was put together by super rad friends, and that next to a box full of our magic, were more boxes full of Julia's new book! The titles side by side waiting to be seen! Anyway, enough rambling. Be on the lookout doods! The magical makers of comics (the publishers Teenage Dinosaur, Sparkplug Comics, and Tugboat press)will be giving away the collection of comics dubbed "Dope Flounder", featuring Jesse Reklaw, Ian Sundahl, David Wien, Tom Lechner, Nichole Georgouse and of course me:). Surfing along I hope you also meet "Flesh & Bone" by Julia Gfrorer, also put out by Sparkplug Comics! Radness!


Above is the cover I made!

This is the super sexy photo My lady took of me swimming in my happiness!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations dude! I hope I see you at Stumptown this weekend!

jg said...

You're like the Scrooge McDuck of Dope Flounders

Chibi_Celina said...

Thank you for the copy you gave us @ FCBD at Cosmic Monkey! It was great to meet you.